Dienstag, 23. September 2014

Herald of Nurgle: The Corpse - Painting done

I finally finished the The Corpse, the second Herald in my mono Nurgle army - he was done almost a week ago but I didn't come around to write an update for the blog.
The painting took some time, but I am happy with the result. Even the raven turned out the way I had hoped, even though the highlights and the strokes (feathers) could have been a bit brighter as they are barely visible. As with the base of the other Herald (the Cadaver) haven't added the water and leaves to the base as I will do this in one go with the next unit of Plague Bearers that is already work in progress (working with the two component epoxy I am using for the water effect is a mess and I won't open pandoras box for just two bases).
Also not done yet are the blood effects. I am going to wait there as well as I like the look of the wounds as they are to see how the other unit turns out. The first unit has blood, maybe too much and, depending on the look of the second group of Plague Bearers I might do some touch ups. 

2nd Supplement regarding Varnishing: The Corpse lost some contrast due to the varnish, especially the metal respectively rust isn't as crisp anymore. It still works, but I have to be a bit more careful in the future when it comes to varnishing metal (with rust). 

The pictures of the Herald are unfortunately a bit blurry and pixelated. This is due the fact that I dropped my camera and now have to use my 5 year old smart phone to get some pictures. I hope I can replace them soon with better quality images. 


Aside from the Herald I got a couple of other things moving forward the last two weeks. As said, the second unit of Plague Bearers is wip. This time it'S 14 +1 miniatures I am going to paint at the same time; +1 because the first squad only had 13 daemons, and as it's a Nurgle army every unit has to be seven respectivly a multiple of seven models strong. 
I also managed to sand of the boards (in the bathtub) for the modular city terrain. It was a mess and luckily I did it on a day when the missis wasn't around; I also used the iron to even out the protruding hard foam. No, she wouldn't have been happy.

1 Kommentar:

  1. The Corpse looks so awesome. The rusted metal, the bubbles and stuff just lovely :D Like If already said I would like to see maybe some spots of still shiny metal just a bit on the edges but I like shiny metals so...
    I hope your missis doesn't know about this blog and sees the picture of your bathtub lol :P

    AntwortenLöschen