Mittwoch, 27. August 2014

Slow & Purposeful - Minor Updates

Not a lot of things happened the last couple of weeks. I was on vacation for two weeks with my family, then I was at home (and at work) for a week and now I am on a business trip a gone for another two weeks. So there wasn’t much time for the hobby, but I got a couple of things done nonetheless.

Second Plaguebearers Squad - WIP

While on the vacation in Austria I managed to clean up the second squad of Plaguebearers which is, following Nurgle’s (un)holy number,14 daemons strong. I love this hobby, but getting rid of mold lines and other cast impurities is most properly the part I like the least about it. When done right it takes time, but no matter how accurate you try to do it there is always a spot or a line that gets forgotten and will unveil itself with the base coating.

The assembling and conversion-work was done when I got back home. All of the different Champions of the three units will get a trophy of one of the other chaos gods lesser daemons in their claws. For the first one I got the head of a Daemonette which I still have to paint and then glue onto his hand. The Unit leader of the second squad got the head of a Bloodletter; both heads were taken from the Grey Knights sprues. Aside from the Champion I also did some minor conversions on the musician (he got the instruments from the Plague Drones kit) and the banner bearer. I didn’t like the second banner top that comes with the box as it looks too man-manufactured and too clean compared to the daemons weaponry and the crude and corroded metal fly banner top. So I did my own custom version out of plasticard. It’s just the simple sign of Nurgle with a bell and a death head, but made in the same style of the fly banner top. I will start painting the squad once I have finished the The Corpse. It’s ambitious but I hope to have them done by end of September.


Modular City Terrain Boards - WIP

While visiting my parents on the way to Austria I took along a set of cramps to paste the polystyrene boards into the frames. As the special glue needs around 12 hours to dry out it took 5 days to get all boards in; I have four cramps but as I need all of them to have the pressure equally distributed I could only glue in one board at the time. Next step is to sand off the boards to get rid of redundant glue remnants or protruding board pieces.


Nurgle Aegis Defense Line - Concept Phase

I used the two weeks I was absent from my hobby tools (except a knife and some sand paper to clean the daemons) time to think about how to build a Nurgle themed Aegis Defense Line. I experimented a bit with the corpse heaps from the Undead Corpse Cart some time ago but I never was happy with the setup (pure corpse heaps, some corpses stacked up on a wall, etc.). I now will go with a combination of tumbled trees, rocks, corpses and swamps to follow the theme of the bases.



1 Kommentar:

  1. I don´t know why, but somehow I´m blind to moldlines in a way...yesterday I cleaned up my squigs for half an hour and was really happy with the result...just for doubblechecking and showing proudly the result I handed it over to my better half...she found left over stuff for 20mins of sanding :/ ....really frustrating^^

    AntwortenLöschen