Dienstag, 1. Juli 2014

Plaguebearers - 1st unit completed



I finished the unit last weekend already, but didn’t have time to take any photos. I would love to do some proper ones, but I don’t have the best equipment… but I am thinking of buying up a lightbox to improve on the quality of the pictures.

As mentioned in a previous blog post, the test bases turned out well. The day after the test (Sunday)I went all in started filling up the bases of the Plaguebearers. It was a messy - because the epoxy has the consistency of honey - and fiddly - because there was a lot of stuff on the bases - endeavor. I used a syringe and toothpicks to get the epoxy where it should belong. This went more or less successful. I was able to not smear it over the miniatures, but I got the epoxy on the edge of almost every base. This wasn’t too bad as you can overpaint it, which I did when I made the last touch ups.

I filled the epoxy in around 2pm and was checking it every hour; mainly to get rid of any bubbles; all you have to do is punch them open with a needle or toothpick. After around 5 hours I pushed the epoxy down where it crawled up. This wasn’t too bad, with the exception of the heels of the Plaguebearers. Those I really wanted to be as cleaned up as possible to keep the impression of the daemons walking through shallow water.

Afterwards I thought that I should have tinted the water a bit, so it is more dirty, but the clear water shows more details of the ground, which I like as well. Overall I am very happy with the result.

Before I am starting with the next unit I will get the Heralds (Carcasse and Corpse) done. I also have a couple of bits lined up to build a themed Aegis Defense line and Portal (when using the Portal Glyph). I will do a separate post on those accessories soon.

1 Kommentar: